Today marks the launch for the 2012 International Mixed Media Postcard Swap!!!!
The basic idea:
- You will make 10 postcards in a mixed media format (don't be afraid - mixed media is a cinch! Keep reading...)
- You will receive 10 mailing address from me for other creative people just like you from around the world!
- You will send each of those ten people one of your handmade postcards.
- Then you will receive a handmade postcard from 10 other people from around the world!
Sound like fun? Then join us!
The rules are easy, but make sure that you read through them and follow them! Remember, you have to follow through if you sign up! A real live person will be waiting for each of your postcards!!
1. Join the swap by sending me your information (full name, home address (including country!), email, and blog or website address if you have one). If you are missing ANY of this information or if I cannot contact you using the email address that you provided, I will consider you as not participating.
2. Last day to sign up day is January 20th, 2012!
3. Make 10 handmade postcards in a mixed-media style. Remember, "Mixed media, in visual art, refers to an artwork in the making of which more than one medium has been employed." That means that you can combine ANY types of art into your postcards! (Oh what fun!!!!! :D)
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Photography and Ink
- Fabric and Watercolours
- Paint and Crayons (I *love* crayons!)
- Pencil Crayons and Ink
- Fabric and Photography
- Collage and Paint
- Scrapbook Style and Paint
- Embroidery and Ink
Use any or ALL of these combinations, or think of your own! The possibilities truly are endless!!!
4. After January 20th, I will email you 10 mailing addresses to send your cards to. They might be from across the city, across the country, or on the other side of the world because this swap is open for everyone!
5. Make sure that you fix the appropriate amount of postage, write a nice message, and then send your postcards "plain" or "hidden" in an envelope for protection depending on what you've made. (It’s up to you)! The deadline for sending your postcards is February 20th, 2012.
6. Tell your friends or grab this badge to put onto your blog, linking to this post! The more people we have participating, the more fun it will be! Spread the word; share a link to this page on Facebook or Twitter, write about the swap in your next blog post. Thanks for helping make this swap AWESOME!
7. Wait patiently for the snail mail to do its thing! You will be getting postcards from 10 different people around the world! How exciting!
Inspired yet? I sure am! I'm going to go start making my postcards right now!
*I'm taking a short break from blogging for Christmas, but I will still be glued to my email!
Send me your full name, mailing address, and email address to participate in the swap!